Today, 17 May 2021
WSH COORDINATOR (1-YEAR CONTRACT)
- Job type Full-Time (Contract)
- To recommend to the occupier of the work site to implement reasonably practicable measures;
- Assist occupier to implement the practicable measures to minimize hazards and risk of work;
- To inspect and discuss findings on the equipment or procedures and advise on their remedial actions;
- To investigate any incidents and/or accident and advise on the remedial control measures;
- To work closely with the relevant authorities on Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) matters;
- To administer and implement an effective Safety and Health Management System (SHMS) in accordance with prevailing legislation (such as CP79 or SHMS) and preparation for third-party external safety audit;
- To conduct environmental inspections of the construction work-site to ensure a clean and healthy working environment;
- To ensure that the Environmental Control Programme is being implemented and monitored accordingly;
- To assist the management in EHS promotion to promote awareness among workers;
- Under the Workplace Safety & Health Act, employees have a duty to keep their workplace and colleagues safe by following safety and health procedures; reporting unsafe acts and incidents; and not tampering with safety devices or performing willful/reckless acts; and
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Diploma in any field or equivalent with at least 2 years of work experience relevant to the work to be carried out by a WSH Coordinator; and
- Possess WSQ Advanced Certificate in WSH (Level B and knowledge of Workplace Safety and Health Act.